5 steps towards the funding of innovative mobility projects
1. Create a project outline (definition of the project, partners, if applicable, financial planning)
Present your research project with 10 pages at most for elaborations of project proposals and preliminary studies (funding line 1) or 15 pages at most for research projects (funding line 2). Use your project outline to clearly show the innovative ideas of your project and the resulting added value for society or the entrepreneurial exploitability of the results. Integrate your funding schedule into the project outline.
Consider whether a partner could enrich your project regarding substance or methodology. We will be very happy to support you in searching for project partners. Your project outline should be self-explanatory to ensure that it can be evaluated without further research.
2. Submit the project outline - easily and quickly
- Register using the Federal Government’s electronic application and tendering system (easy-Online) at https://foerderportal.bund.de/easyonline
- Follow the steps described to submit your project outline.
- You'll receive an electronic confirmation after receipt of the complete data and documents.
- Given a positive appraisal of the project from a professional perspective, you will be requested via email to submit a formal funding application.
3. Submit a funding application (detailed financial planning, self-declarations)
If you passed the first professional review, you will be requested to provide more detailed information regarding the planned project. This includes a final funding schedule that will be mandatory if your project is approved. It must not differ by more than 10 percent from the rough plans submitted with the project outline.
For the final review of the project, you have to submit some self-declarations, proving for example that the project has not started yet or that, for collaborative partnerships, an agreement between the partners has been signed.
4. Prepare your data and documents for a credit risk assessment
For the initial funding, a comprehensive credit risk assessment is necessary to determine the private and financial reliability of the funding beneficiary. Prepare the following documents for this review, if available:
- Annual account
- Annual report
- Extract from the commercial register
- Information from your bank
- Certificate of compliance by the tax office for granting public contracts or certificate of the occupational accident insurance fund
5. Submit your funding application
As for the project sketch, you can easily and quickly submit the formal funding application including all necessary data and documents via the Federal Government’s electronic application and tendering system (easy-Online) at https://foerderportal.bund.de/easyonline.
We will inform you about the selection result as soon as possible.
We wish you every success.