On the historical site of the former Royal Iron Foundry, which was constructed in the early 19th century, the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure’s Visitor Service today receives visitors from Germany and abroad.
Ministry staff give briefings at which they provide information on the responsibilities and organization of the Federal Ministry and its executive agencies. By selecting your topics, you have an opportunity to play an active role in shaping your visit to the Ministry, thereby helping to ensure that the discussions focus on issues that you find interesting.
How to register
- Registration can only be done in writing. Please send your request by email to email@example.com or by post to the “Bundesministerium für Verkehr und digitale Infrastruktur, Besucherdienst” at least four weeks before the date on which you would like to visit us.
- Briefings take place within the period from 10.00 hrs to 16.00 hrs, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and last for a maximum of 90 minutes.
- The group should comprise a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 50 persons.
- Since the information service we provide is funded by tax money, no priority is given to commercial visitor groups.
To enable us to check whether our Ministry is responsible for the topics you would like to discuss, we would ask you to send us the following documents:
- a request – in the form of an official letter from your institution, from the appropriate ministry in your country or from your country’s embassy in Germany or from the German Embassy in your country;
- background information about your institution and journey plus a profile of your group;
- a specific description of the topic(s) you wish to discuss;
- the entire programme of your delegation's trip;
- a list of participants, including the following personal details: surname, first name, date of birth, field of activity and function at your institution.
We assume that you will be accompanied by an expert interpreter (your national language/German). Would you please also send us his or her personal details.
Please note that failure to send us these documents may mean that a visit cannot take place. As soon as your documents have been reviewed, we will inform you whether the meeting can be held.
The Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure’s Visitor Service looks forward to receiving your registration.